1. The final seven years will begin when the Antichrist and the international community give their support to Israel’s right to exist in the land promised to Abraham by God. This is called the confirmation of the covenant (Daniel 9:27 & Genesis 15:18). Israel’s Prime Minister has openly stated that the number one goal of his administration is to obtain the support of the international community for Israel’s final borders.
2. A war will begin from the vicinity of the Euphrates River (Revelation 9:13-16). Most of the Euphrates River is in Iraq. The United States has 140,000 troops stationed along the Euphrates at this time. The conflict between the U.S. and Islamic Fundamentalism is not diminishing, but increasing around the world.
3. The West Bank (Judea) in Israel will become a place of great tribulation (Matthew 24:15-21). Ehud Olmert has openly stated that he will withdraw from the West Bank (Judea). When Israel withdraws, the Hamas terrorist state will take over in Judea, precipitating a bloodbath.
4. The Temple Mount in Jerusalem will be placed under a sharing arrangement between Jew and Gentile (Revelation 11:1-2). President Clinton suggested the sharing of the Temple Mount in July of 2000. It is generally believed this is the only possible solution to the Temple Mount dispute whenever the issue is finally resolved.
5. The Jewish temple will be built on the Temple Mount (Revelation 11:1-2 & 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4). All the furniture for Israel’s Third Temple is now complete.
6. The Temple Mount will be placed under the supervision of the world community, and the leader of the world community, which will at that time be the Antichrist, will stand on the Temple Mount claiming to be God (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4). Ehud Barak, Israeli Prime Minister in the year 2000, suggested placing the Temple Mount under UN control in order to make a sharing of the Temple Mount possible. When the UN takes control of the Temple Mount, the leader of the world government will feel justified in claiming ultimate authority there.
7. A world government will dominate the world for three and one-half years prior to Armageddon (Daniel 7:23 & Revelation 13:7). The nations of the world are increasingly recognizing the authority of international law. We now have the World Bank, the World Trade Organization, the World Health Organization and the World Court just to name a few. We have a World Court to adjudicate the international laws of the emerging world government.
8. Each person on earth will be required to have a mark or a number in order to buy or sell (Revelation 13:16-18). On May 11, 2005, President Bush signed the Real ID Act. The law requires that every American must have a national ID card. Without this card, a person will not be able to hold a job or open a bank account. Without a job or a bank account, how much buying and selling will an individual be able to do? Oh, by the way, you can’t get your card without giving your numberâ€¦your social security number.
9. The world community, led by Russia and Iran, will invade the nation of Israel (Zechariah 14:2-4 & Ezekiel 38 & 39) Iran (Persia) and Russia (Meshech root word for Moscovi or Moscow) are now in alliance. Iran is the leading advocate of wiping Israel off the map.
***We may not agree with every interpretation of prophecy as mentioned above, but it is certainly food for thought. Compass Community Church